An Isle of Wight camping holiday allows families, friends, and solo travellers to make the most of a long weekend. Alternatively, you can head to the idyllic island for an extended vacation during summer vacations. Either way, you will be treated to awe-inspiring scenery, charming coastal towns, and undisturbed camping grounds.
This article shortlisted the best places to camp at Isle of Wight and what to pack for your holiday.
Here’s everything you need to know:
The Best Isle of Wight Camping Sites
When planning a trip to the Isle of Wight, you need to know where to stay and how to reach your destination. This picturesque place is a ferry ride away from the South Coast of England. Most travellers reserve a spot for personal cars and campervans to ensure transportation on the island isn’t a hassle.
The best Isle of Wight camping sites are accessible at different times of the year. Many farmers permit campers to pitch a tent on their land during the peak holiday season (July-August). We streamline your search by sharing crowd-favourites spots for your trips.
Here are our top picks:
- Whitecliff Beach. Campers enjoy scenic views and a vast stretch of open land for camping under the stars. You also have access to a private beach within walking distance.
- Chine Farm Camping Site. Breathtaking views await families interested in fishing, trekking and stargazing during their weekend getaway.
- Bank End Farm. Are yurts and seaview camping sites your style? Then you’d enjoy your time at this beautiful location.
- Tom‘s Eco Lodge. If you’re looking for a high amenity and luxury glamping setup, this one’s for you. This Isle of Wight camping site features wooden cabins, Safari tents, eco pods, and much more.
- Grange Farm Holidays and Cottages. You can take a break from the concrete jungle at this traditional camping spot.
Aside from these sites, there are over fifty other places to set your tent on your Isle of Wight camping holiday. We advise you to check the forecast and prepare for unexpected weather to make the most of your trip.
Camping Trip Guide: What to Pack?
Your trip to the Isle of Wight will include fun adventures and unexpected weather. We recommend packing portable travel essentials to enjoy a worry-free holiday.
Here’s our checklist for happy campers:
- A waterproof tent and comfy sleeping bags for a restful night.
- Foldable chairs and tables to enjoy the beauty of Isle of Wight camping sites when you’re not exploring the area.
- A basic first aid kit with gauze, medication, and ointments for treating scrapes, mild wounds and scratches.
- Portable chargers to ensure you stay connected wherever you camp.
- Emergency torch and light for nighttime trolls and emergencies.
- Wet wipes and sanitiser to stay germ-free.
- Tent repairing kit (with gaffer tape and sewing essentials) to fix small tears and tent troubles.
- A trusty thermos flask to keep your tea and coffee warm.
- Refillable water bottles and mugs with lids
- Toiletries to stay clean and fresh
- Extra layers to beat chilly nights in the coastal camping sites.
Lastly, remember to recheck your list a day before you head to Isle of Wight.
Looking for Sustainable Camping Choices?
My Little Panda aims to make holidays as eco-conscious as possible with environmentally-safe bamboo products. Our handcrafted items are reusable, easy to clean, and travel-friendly.
Let’s do a quick survey of our inventory:
- Eco-friendly bamboo straw sets and party packs to enjoy refreshing drinks while saving the planet.
- Compostable camping cutlery made from 100% bamboo (including spoon, fork, knife and even chopsticks) for personal use and party packs for groups.
- Toiletries like bamboo toothbrushes, bamboo dental floss, and reusable makeup remover pads to stay fresh.
- Extra pair of socks to keep your feet warm during the night.
Lastly, many items come with naturally-dyed hemp pouches that make a fashion statement even when you’re glamping on a trip to the Isle of Wight.
Last but not the least, prepare for your Isle of Wight camping holiday beforehand. Use our travel guide to select the best camping spot pack, eco-friendly camping cutlery and travel necessities. Then enjoy your one-on-one time with nature peacefully.
A good plan ensures you can spend maximum time with travel companions and less time fretting over inconveniences. Plus, packing some sustainable travel essentials ensures your recreational activities have minimal impact on the environment.
Shop at My Little Panda for SGC certified products for your next adventure. Have fun!